The UK government has announced that business events and conferences will be given the go ahead to reopen on 1 October, in time for this year's PayExpo on the 6-7 October. Pilots are currently taking place at selected event venues, including our venue, the Business Design Centre. These pilots will test how best to implement social distancing practices and keep you safe.
We're making changes to PayExpo this year to ensure you can still access the same insights, inspiration and connections our community is used to, while reducing the risk associated with the presence of COVID-19.
PayExpo will meet all government guidance and operate under the industry’s All Secure Standard – a comprehensive set of actions to keep you safe at our events. We want you to feel confident about your visit and know that we are doing everything we can to ensure we protect our staff, exhibitors and visitors. Health and safety is our number one priority and the measures we're taking align with government advice and follow the event industry best practice as set out in the All Secure Standard. View a summary of the All Secure Standard.
Here are just some of the safety measures we have already confirmed:
- Capped attendance to ensure you can make the most of the event while at a safe distance from your fellow attendees and exhibitors
- Limited capacity and safe distancing in conference theatres, lounges and catering areas
- A new floorplan including wider aisles and more open space
- A one-way system with clear floor markings to guide you around the show
- Print-at-home badges to reduce queueing, touchpoints and interaction with staff
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the show
- Temperature checks on arrival at the venue
- Enhanced cleaning
- Access to additional virtual networking and meetings via the new PayExpo Digital Platform
Download as Summary of the All Secure Standard
We'll be making public all our plans for making PayExpo safe as we confirm them so please look out for updates on this page over the coming months. Below you will find a video produced by the Business Design Centre, outlining the safety measures they are already taking.